||Type in the location of your account (www.whatever-it-is.com)
OK. Your pages will be published.
Error Messages from FrontPage 97 and 98
"The server requested an authentication type not supported by
"NTLM Authentication Failure".
Error Messages from FrontPage2000
"The password is not accepted."
These errors are commonly caused
by not having the Client for Microsoft Networks installed
on your computer. It can also be caused by not having Log on to network selected in dialup
networking (this option is not selected for normal dialup.)
Follow the 9 step program below to make sure your personal computer is Microsoft
Network Ready. Disconnect from the Internet before making these
changes. If you have a dial-up connection, simply click the connection
icon on the bottom right of your computer (two green computers) disconnect
and leave this page open while you make the changes.
- Double click on my computer, open control panel, Networks.
- If Client for Microsoft Network is not installed, click on add, then click clients,
under "Manufacturer" select Microsoft, then select Client for Microsoft Network
on the right side. Click OK and return to the configuration tab of Network. .
- Make sure that the Primary Network Logon is "Client for Microsoft Networks"
- Click Ok, (You will most likely need to have your Windows 95/98 CD handy as the computer
copies files) the computer will want to restart, click NO at this time
(we will reboot in step 9).
- Go into your dialup networking (my computer, dial-up networking), and right click on the
connection you use.
- Select properties.
- Click on the Server Type tab (or button on earlier Win95 systems).
- Check "Log onto Network"
- Then click ok all the way out. Close any open windows and save your data. Reboot, and
try it out.
Once your site has been published, you should open to that
site for any modifications. The FrontPage Editor was designed to work with existing
pages in an "off line mode". For safety reasons you have to
"Save" any changes you make to your pages before the changes will be visible on
the web; thus, if you mess everything up, simply exit the FrontPage Editor without saving
the changes and start again.
Return to T.O.C